3. “I felt like I didn’t want to put too much effort into the relationship anymore.” – Liz
When you lose the motivation to put in effort into a relationship, then you know that something is wrong. A healthy relationship should always be able to inspire you to be a better person and a better partner.
4. “I started to feel more like a parent than a partner in the relationship.” – Monique
You shouldn’t have to put up with a relationship with someone you have to treat like a child. You need an equal. You need a partner – not someone you have to constantly look after.
5. “We didn’t share the same values after all.” – Patricia
Having shared values, principles, and passions in life are important when it comes to determining the compatibility of a relationship. It’s so much easier to just sustain a romance with someone you have minimal friction with.
6. “I was giving more effort into the relationship than he was.” – Stephanie
You never want to have any substantial imbalance in the relationships that you’re in – especially when it pertains to matters of effort. You always want to make sure that you are giving just as much as you’re getting out of your relationships – and vice versa.
7. “I still felt like something was missing in our relationship.” – Patty
While a relationship shouldn’t necessarily be the one thing that makes up your whole life, it should still manage to give you a sense of fulfilment, meaning, and completion. And if the relationship just doesn’t add any meaning to your life, then it really isn’t the relationship for you after all.
Talk to me
Do you agree? Talk to me in the comments below!